Sunday, January 16, 2011

Exotic Roofline - North Riverside, IL

A couple of months ago I spent a week in Chicago for a business conference. On my last day, I stopped in at the Chef Shangri- La restaurant for lunch on my way to the airport.


7830 W 26th Street, North Riverside, IL


The food and the drinks at the Chef are both pretty good and the interior tiki decor remains mostly intact. Its a good stop if you're looking for tiki in the Chicago area (and it's not too far from the Hala Kahiki, Chicago's great tiki decor place)


The outside of the building is pretty non descript, but they do have a few tikis on display.





After I left the Chef, I stumbeled across this house just two blocks north. It is not a tiki house, but it has this fantastic Chineese Modern exotic roof line.





It appears that the home owner built these roof extensions himself. I love the black and orange color scheme.








These swooping extensions have been added to all corners of the house.





You can find this exotic roof at 8002 Country Club Lane, North Riverside, IL.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. Chicago is a short drive for me. I'll have to check out Chief Shangri La.

    ReplyDelete