Thursday, December 8, 2011

Trader Sam's Christmas - Disneyland Hotel, California

Earlier this week I was in Los Angeles for a few days for my final business trip of the year. Visiting Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar at the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim was at the top of my list of things to do while I was in town. Just a few days before my arrival, the bar had been decorated for Christmas.



The Tiki Room Drummer sports a Santa Hat and is surrounded by Christmas Poinsettias




Koro is also getting into the Holiday Spirit



I visited Sam's twice while I was in town and sampled a few of their drinks...


The Hippopotto-Mai Tai (too sweet for me)




Ginger's Pear-adise (also on the sweet side)



Sam's created two new drinks especially for the holiday season, the Mele Kaliki-Moaca (an iced coffee drink), and....



The Red Nosed Zebra (complete with floating cranberry garnish)



The special effects projection windows were updated for Christmas, in addition to the erupting volcano and the tropical storm, they now have snow.







Finally, the soundtrack was updated for Christmas. It was playing an excellet assortment of Exotica (Martin Denny, The Tikiyaki Orchestra, etc.) and Christmas (The Blue Hawaiians, The Ventures, etc.)


Sam's was a great place to spend a evening this holiday season.

Oh, by the way...I've heard from the little Orange Bird that Sam's has completely exceeded expectations and that Disney is VERY happy. Does this mean we might see new versions pop up at other Disney properties? Time will tell.

2 comments:

  1. Great to see that Disney is updating the bar for the seasons. And really good news on the music choices. I did find the drinks too sweet as well.

    ReplyDelete